Imagine you’ve spent all day travelling from Melbourne to Margaret River – you’re tired, hungry and ready for a long shower. You’re then taken out to dinner, arriving at what can only be described as a tin shed.
Expecting little, you walk inside. And suddenly you’re hit by the smell of cocoa, of BBQ coals and, wait… is that a slight tang of Cabernet Sauvignon?
From turning a boutique chocolate factory into a five-star dining experience to coordinating sell-out events featuring wines from the 1920s, Tess Fisher and Book Street Communications have the knowledge, imagination and creativity to turn your next event into an amazing once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Highlights of Tess’ experience to date include:
- Delivering a three-day immersion tour of the Margaret River for wine trade from Melbourne and Perth, incorporating a dinner by Kate Lamont within the Bahen & Co chocolate factory;
- Managing Australia’s largest series of open water swimming events, attracting more than 4700 registrations across 14 events in 2015/16;
- Bringing everyone’s favourite home cook Maggie Beer to Perth to cook for members of the North Cottesloe Surf Life Saving Club at an exclusive luncheon;
- Raiding the Hill-Smith family’s museum cellar collection to oversee and coordinate sold-out consumer wine tasting events in five Australian capital cities;
- Working with sponsorship partners to turn the Inglis family’s historic Newmarket stable complex in Randwick into a long-table dinner showcasing Yalumba’s wines and featuring A-list guests.
I had the pleasure of being invited on a few days to Margaret River, as a guest of Ringbolt. On this trip I met the gorgeous Tess Fisher, whose skill co-ordinated the entire event. Not only were we wined and dined, the organisation and logistics of getting some 20 guests into a beautiful hotel, at a remote location from all over Australia… to a dinner on a winery shed prepared by a leading chef, to a tasting and wine masterclass in the vineyard, followed by an amazing lunch in a gorgeous farm building was both outstanding and creative.
It remains a fabulous memory for me of a super relaxing few days, being thoroughly spoilt where every detail was taken care of. It is rare to experience such a treat in this industry, as we are usually the ones providing this to our guests, so I sincerely admire the way this was co-ordinated and delivered.
To be able to arrange this from another state, and to be so beautifully done is a credit to Tess.
Fiona Whife, Food & Beverage Manager, South of Perth Yacht Club